Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2006 :  23:37:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought the May Mojo today with the pic and article on the new Love Band (featuring the six new members including the girl guitarist). Arthur says "Johnny Echols is definitely part of the group too. I wouldn't do Love without him". European tour is scheduled for late summer. I wonder what it will be like to hear the songs with a new sound? The previous band was as close to Love perfection as I could imagine. Love to all, John E

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2006 :  23:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talked with Greg today, and he informed me about the Mojo, as well as the website nearing its completion. It will eventually be linked to the MySpace.

-Thomas Galasso

Everything sounds nice. For a change, the weather in Michigan is extremely bright and sunny, meanwhile I am watching two three year olds.
Go to Top of Page

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  00:10:20  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you know where in Europe? Play in Norway!!!

(and remember to play some place you dont have to be 18 to enter!)
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  00:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to the newsstand to pick up a copy today and also to send one to Johnny. He was pleased to learn that the article had come out. It's nice to hear what Arthur had to say about him because it's the truth. There is no LOVE without JE; and, hopefully, he'll be with the new band when they play their first gig.

LOVE and peace to all

Edited by - ladylove on 31/03/2006 01:12:37
Go to Top of Page

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  01:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is hella-good news...I hope they will play in San Francisco too. Now I gotta go find that magazine.
Go to Top of Page

ZFarrar
Fourth Love

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  04:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy this cast won't be mistaken for the original Love or Baby Lemonade, who's the Dylan tribute lookalike?
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  04:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Brauer

That is hella-good news...I hope they will play in San Francisco too. Now I gotta go find that magazine.

I went out looking today, but the May issue won't be available here in L.A. until Saturday Guess I'll have to wait!!!
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  07:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being the realist that I am, I must control any joy on my part due to the fact that that article was probably written at least a month ago and a lot can come and go in that time. Why havent we heard from the drummer who got us all going a while back? Why the departure of Johnny? While I'm on a roll here, where's the famous "BOOK"?!
Go to Top of Page

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  08:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Amoeba Records in San Francisco say they probably won't have it for a few days (message to Phil Brauer). Always dug Mojo. They put out a great book called The Mojo Collection: The Greatest Albums of All-Time. Been a sorta bible for me.

Michael Young
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  13:19:59  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As much as i love the music of love, this news does not excite me too much just yet. Im learning to be a bit more cautious about things considering the past few months. But if this does all come together as planned it could be a wonderful year.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

The sweet disorder
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  16:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesn't excite me but that is one cool looking band!!!
Go to Top of Page

ZFarrar
Fourth Love

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  18:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool looking? Looks like a latter day version of Frank Zappa & The Mothers, or one of those early 70's..look who the cat dragged in "now were stoner's living in the country" rock albums. Sorry, but BL gave them youth, hipness, and an LA feel. If Arthur hasn't even got their names right yet, I wouldn't feel secure being in that band. That said, I'm interested in hearing them live. Doesn't this whole thing remind anyone of the whole Nooney Rickett band?
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  19:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZFarrar

Cool looking? Looks like a latter day version of Frank Zappa & The Mothers, or one of those early 70's..look who the cat dragged in "now were stoner's living in the country" rock albums. Sorry, but BL gave them youth, hipness, and an LA feel. If Arthur hasn't even got their names right yet, I wouldn't feel secure being in that band. That said, I'm interested in hearing them live. Doesn't this whole thing remind anyone of the whole Nooney Rickett band?

Looks like the Mothers of Invention or a country stoner band? I didn't know Zappa sounded like a 'stoner' country rock band. I thought Zappa was anti-stoner.
You sure you about all this?

The photo is great, AL looks like the Chairman of the Board.

Edited by - waxburn on 31/03/2006 19:33:35
Go to Top of Page

ZFarrar
Fourth Love

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  19:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it either looks like a latter day version of Zappa's Mothers, or one of these "back to the land" stoner early 70's band, with the band living on some ranch. That is a period piece snap-shot. Of course they could be back up players for the guy who looks like Bob Dylan.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2006 :  21:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZFarrar

No, it either looks like a latter day version of Zappa's Mothers, or one of these "back to the land" stoner early 70's band, with the band living on some ranch. That is a period piece snap-shot. Of course they could be back up players for the guy who looks like Bob Dylan.

Their 'look' and wardrobe, at first glance, doesn't look all that different from the BL look, nor any other garage band.
(If I could bet on what you
WILL think of the new AL music, I would be able to make a million dollars.)
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  00:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ZFARRER,"the guy who looks like Bob Dylan" doesnt look like Dylan at all except for his hair.So why dont you get serious and explain why you are so sceptical to this new line up?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page